About SOMA Breath
SOMA Breath’s overall mission is to empower people with knowledge, tools, and techniques to make positive and lasting changes in their lives. SOMA Breath techniques have the power to transform someone even down to a cellular level. SOMA Breath, considered as a whole, with its range of possible uses and applications, is a framework for total life transformation.
SOMA Breath is a complete holistic system of Pranayama techniques, which can be arranged into different sequences depending on the type of workshop you are attending as well as tailored to your specific needs. There is no one size fits all, and we take into account the fact that everyone is different and requires different breathing techniques depending on their needs. SOMA Therapeutic Breathwork techniques are the core Pranayama techniques that have the most scientific evidence to support their function.
SOMA Breath is a holistic school and community, with no single guru. The SOMA Breath tribe is encouraged to network and support each other in their paths. Everyone is welcome to share and discuss new wisdom, knowledge, skills, and insights: we aim to empower a global community of brilliant, creative minds, so that as the tribe grows, you do too!
SOMA Breath also offers science-backed breathwork facilitator training. This certification program allows you to practise teaching and become a recognized, skilled breathwork facilitator.
How Does SOMA Breath Work?
The SOMA Awakening Ceremony is a higher yoga ritual designed to clear negative imprints and help you break free from the past, so you can be more present, in the flow, liberated, and empowered to be the sole creator of your reality.
Rhythmic breathing hyper-oxygenates your body, bringing in more oxygen and blowing out more carbon dioxide than normal. This alters the pH of your bloodstream and also creates a strong electromagnetic field and current to flow through your body. This increases your Level Of Vibrational Energy (L.O.V.E.). With a higher vibrational state, negative emotions and trauma can be cleansed from the mind and body, and your ability to manifest becomes totally effortless. read more
The diaphragmatic breathing technique we teach stimulates the largest lymphatic organ in your body, creating a powerful cleansing effect and strengthening your immune system.
We employ extended exhalation and vocal toning techniques to tap into the power of the vagus nerve to switch off stress and connect with your subconscious mind.
Life is just a series of inhales and exhales; when you pause your breath, you press pause on life.
Your quality of thought is also linked to breath: erratic breathing leads to erratic thinking, while smooth consistent breathing leads to smooth, coherent thought.
The breath retention components of SOMA Breath are totally safe. They allow you a few minutes to totally slow down and pause your life to be fully in the present moment. You enter a profound meditative state and connect to yourself on a personal level.
Using the power of affirmations, guided mental imagery techniques, and self-hypnosis, you can reprogram your subconscious operating system and influence your autonomic nervous system.
The activation of Yogic energetic locks throughout the SOMA Awakening Ceremony creates sexual energy, which is the source of creativity and imagination. You experience states of ecstatic bliss and many different states of consciousness.
Powerful emotional releases can occur during SOMA Breath sessions, and negative imprints from the past can be cleared. “Divine downloads” or moments of deep insight and inspiration make the SOMA Breath experience truly unforgettable.
The Benefits of SOMA Breath
One of the main goals of SOMA Breath is to correct your breathing so that your normal rate of breathing at rest is 5-6 breaths per minute. On average people breathe 10+ breaths per minute. Very sick or highly stressed people breathe even more than that! Slowing your breath can help protect against disease, balance your emotions, and help you be more in flow state.
Here are some more benefits:
More efficient at using oxygen
Better tolerance for carbon dioxide
Increased mind-body connection
Increased cardiovascular health: more stamina, endurance, better fitness
Balance your nervous system
Deep state of meditation
Mind reprogramming and self hypnosis: install new beliefs and become your best self effortlessly
Mental and physical resilience
Calmer, clearer mind: Better judgement and decision making
Awaken to your soul’s purpose and authentic self
Increased confidence and self esteem
Emotional processing and release
And there are still more! Your breath can truly set you free.
What Makes SOMA Breath® the #1 Choice for Over One Million Breathwork Fans Worldwide
1. The SOMA Breath Master Instructor Certification Training was developed by ex-pharmacist, therapeutic music technology pioneer and world renowned breathwork, transformational coach and holistic health expert Niraj Naik, aka The Renegade Pharmacist.
2. Soma Breath is accredited by “Accredited Counselors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists ACCPH" and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Accreditation. Soma Breath is trusted by the leading industry brands including; Mindvalley, Gaia, Shift, Well Good, Yoga Magazine, Zumba, Microsoft, OM Yoga, Health Radio and many other leading wellness brands.
3. SOMA Breath is a complete holistic system - currently studied by Cambridge University for it's array of demonstrated health benefits - which uniquely combines ancient pranayamic breathing techniques with modern music technology to deliver a cutting edge, step by step formula that anyone can learn. The SOMA Breath Master Instructor Certification Training is designed for existing coaches and new aspiring facilitators looking to broaden their practice, enhance their skills, attract more clients and improve their results.
4. Significantly improve your clients' well being, help them overcome anxiety and depression, improve sleep, raise awareness and tap into altered states of consciousness which 1,000,000+ SOMA Breath fans rave about globally.
5. Unlike other breathwork modalities, SOMA Breath specifically focuses on Pranayama breathing techniques with scientific evidence backing up their claims. These techniques are combined with brainwave music technology and guided imagery (Self-Hypnosis, NLP) to deliver exciting and easy to follow experiences your clients will love.
6. SOMA Breath enables instructors to help their clients experience transformational breathwork at its fullest healing, energetical and spiritual potential while growing their business and attracting recurring clients through a globally recognized breathwork certification program.
7. With SOMA Breath the focus is on taking participants through bliss rather than through pain/trauma. Clients always leave feeling extremely energized and more positive than ever before. At SOMA Breath, safety is of utmost importance so we teach you how to ensure each session is safe and effective for all participants.
8. SOMA Breath Instructors qualify to join the BIG Membership, which is the complete library of SOMA Breath Trypnaural Brainwave Entrainment music technology used worldwide by top leading experts in fields such as psychology, hypnotherapy, psychotherapy and more. Our Instructors are trained on how to DJ SOMA Breath music so they're able to guide life changing experiences anywhere from small groups to massively large crowds.
9. SOMA Breath Master Instructor Certification Training is the fastest breathwork certification in the industry. It's designed to get you fascilitating sesions with confidence as quickly as possible while you integrate the science and research behind the techniques, preparing you for the higher levels of Transformational Coaching. Many Instructors have been able to start earning income from their sessions within two weeks of joining the program.
10. The BIG Membership, available only to SOMA Breath Intructors, also provides easy to implement training and digital assets for effectively running and marketing a Breathwork Instructor Business. With our easy to implement processes and systems we will quickly teach you tried and tested marketing techniques to help you succeed online and through live events
What Respected Industry Leaders Have to Say About SOMA Breath®
“The breathwork modality I do is Soma Breath®. Its really cool as they incorporate incredible music into it. It's the best alternative to the impact you can get from plant medicines today, but safer and more effective.”
Vishen Lakhiani CEO of Mindvalley
“We chose to collaborate with Soma due to its very clear and systematic approach, and the effectiveness of the method as per clear reports from those participating and the researchers coordinating the study.”
Dr Tristan Bekinschtein Cambridge University
“Soma Breath® is the gold standard for breathwork, I recommend this to all my RTT therapists”
Marisa Peer Therapist
“I can personally say that regularly practicing SOMA breathing techniques has dramatically increased my physical health, mental, and emotional wellbeing, spiritual connection, and because I’ve been able to incorporate my boys and Jessa into many of my SOMA sessions, even my relationship with my family.”
Ben Greenfield Health Consultant and New York Times Bestselling Author
About The Founder
A certified “legal drug dealer” at just 24 years old, Niraj was eager to bring good health to his local community as a Pharmacist. Instead, he was a firsthand witness to patients going home with shopping bags full of drugs but never getting better. In fact, he saw regular patients were often prescribed even more medication to counteract the negative side effects of the initial medication!
These people were staying sick, and some were actually developing even more sickness and disease. Something didn’t seem right.
The stress and overwhelm of his corporate and unfulfilling lifestyle eventually caught up with him. Diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, Niraj was housebound with this debilitating illness for almost a year. He was told by doctors that his condition was incurable and that he would have to take medication for the rest of his life. Just like his pharmacy patients, Niraj suffered the awful side effects of medication, leaving him feeling completely hopeless.
It was here that Niraj was presented with the choice that would mark the turning point in his life: act as a guinea pig for a new and untested drug, or undergo a colectomy (surgical removal of the colon).
Niraj chose neither and took the option unknown to conventional medicine and even to himself.
Niraj embarked upon a journey of profound healing. He learnt from people who had great success in curing themselves or others from chronic illness. He studied and learned to implement natural treatments including Ayurvedic practices and dietary advice from Paleo and SCD (Specific Carbohydrate Diet) branches.
He studied spiritual healing methods like meditation and Yoga. He also studied mind power techniques like self hypnosis and NLP. Niraj even discovered the powerful techniques of sound and music therapy as tools for reducing stress and promoting physical and emotional healing thanks to my lifelong love for music.
Niraj broke free from the burdens of his illness without medication.
Experiencing this illness provoked an even greater empathy for the pharmacy patients of his past. Niraj’s struggle with severe illness forced him to completely reinvent his life and rethink how he wanted to help other people do the same.
Of course Niraj no longer practices as a pharmacist: his entire perception of disease and how to cure it changed through his experience. Niraj believes that the stress associated with modern living is the root cause of disease and poor health, and that treatment and prevention begins with self-belief.
SOMA Breath is currently being studied by Cambridge University.
"We chose to collaborate with Soma Breath due to its very clear and systematic approach, and the effectiveness of the method as per clear report from those participating and the researchers coordinating the study."
Stay Connected and Informed
Join our vibrant SOMA Breath Facebook Community! Get the latest updates, tips, and connect with fellow SOMA enthusiasts.